What is the time for exposure to HIV?
Jan 5, 2012
I had sex with a prostitute 6 years back.Till now I havent slept with anyone except my wife. I have undergone ELISA tests every year and it has turned out negative. Is there anything to be concerned here ? Am I still at risk ?
Response from Ms. Southall
Good news, you are negative from the experience 6 years ago. The standards of testing for HIV tests, whether oral swab or blood are very accurate at 28 days, and conclusive at 90 days.
In kindness, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If I Have Ars Will I Have Headache?
- Painful Red Spots After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- A List Of All The Names Of Medicines For Std
- Can Genital Warts Cause Burning And Irritation?
- Over The Counter Antibiotics For Std
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.