Jan 5, 2012
How do HIv virus replicates if somebody has very low CD4 cell? Doesn't virus require cd4 cell to replicate? if there are not much cd4 available, don't virus die by it self?. Thank you
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting your interesting question.
While I'm not sure that scientifically we know the answer to all your questions, you're right. HIV needs CD4+ cells to replicate. On the other hand, the simple observation is that persons with very low CD4s can (and do) have very high HIV viral loads, so there must be enough CD4s hidden away to accomplish this evil replication task.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- HIVpain In Penis After Touching Dried Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Can Animal And Insect Bites Transmit Hepatitis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.