The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary


Jan 4, 2012

Hello Doctor , I am worry about my partner (HIV -) My VL is undetectable and cd4 700+ but last weekend we had anal sex and the condom was broken , I told him that he need to get test it , I am very worry about the situation , I do not want to infect anybody !!! Please help!

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi Recently there have been studies released that show that in magnetic partners (one being HIV positive and the other negative)if the positive partner is on antiretroviral medications has an undetectable viral load and no other STI's (Sexually Transmitted Infections) present than the likelihood of HIV transmission is small. I would recommend that your partner be tested for peace of mind for you and him. One other area to work on is with condoms, generally a condom breaks because it was not put on correctly. Make sure that you are using lube and periodically check to make sure there is room at the tip of the condom for ejaculate. Another area you may want to talk to your Health Care Provider about is called PrEP/PEP Pre exposure prophylaxis and post exposure. Putting your partner on medication to prevent transmission. They both should be start 72 hours before or after exposure. You may want to have a plan in place in case this situation occurs again in the future.

In kindness, Shannon

please HELP ME (HIV TRANSMISION )Masturbating on period and not washing it the next time u use t? HIV TRANSMISION? Possible?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint