Change in test results for Eosinophils & ESR

Hello Doctor, My test results for eosinophils was in normal range when I was diagnosed HIV + with CD4 # 218 and VL # 44000 last year in Nov 2011. Started ART along with multivitamin tabs from then. Now again when I had tests in Dec 2011, eosinophils and ESR Increased and were not in normal range but my CD4 increased to 388. Is it because of the medicines or any side effects which I need to concentrate on? Please advice me Doctor.

Hello and thanks for posting.

It's difficult to answer your question without knowing the actual lab test numbers. Eosinophil levels can be elevated because of a variety of reasons, including HIV infection itself. Other possibilities include parasitic infection, allergy, asthma, hormonal problems to name a few. ESR is a very non-specific marker of inflammation.

With the very significant increase in your CD4 count after starting meds, it would seem like things are working; but your concerns should be addressed. Why not write back with the details or check in with your health care provider if there are still questions.

Be well, BY

hiv
Missed 2 Doses Of Atripla - REALLY Stressed Out!