ARV treatment

My wife's ARV treatment atripla is sent through the post and this xmas there was a delay in the delivery resulting in her missing 5 day's treatment ( 5 tablets) what can be the result of this. she seems ok

Hello and thanks for posting.

There's generally little risk in missing all 3 (or more) of one's HIV medications, especially if the viral load is suppressed.

Five days is a bit longer than I'd simply say not to worry at all; there's some potential for the viral load to creep back into the detectable range, and therefore need to keep an eye on the subsequent return (hopefully) to undetectable. If the viral load doesn't go undetectable, then I'd be concerned about the possible emergence of drug resistance.

Hope that's helpful, BY

liver or kidney failure
Atripla switched to Complera but still rash