liver or kidney failure

Hi Doc,

I am currently on Complera. I was talking to someone today that told me that the meds for HIV will eventually lead to kidney or liver failure 20 years down the road or so. This thought is just erking me and I cannot wait for the next appointment with the doctor to get an answer. Is this true? Will I inevitably die from kidney or liver failure because of the meds? Thanks.

Whoa there. Not true at all.

Neither kidney or liver failure (or death from drug-related complications) is an inevitable consequence of properly selected and monitored HIV treatments.

Talk to your doctor, talk to friends who may have been on medications for a long while.

And, have a healthy and happy new year. BY

cant swollow
ARV treatment