Will storing Atripla in the cool reduce its effectiveness?
Dec 30, 2011
The indications for Atripla indicate to store it at 77 degrees with brief excursions between 59 and 86 allowed. I used to live in Florida where my house averaged 75-80 degrees; now I live in Atlanta where the house gets down to 60 or 62 at night. Might this reduce Atripla's effectiveness? Should I keep the house warmer to keep the Atripla warmer? I usually have 4-6 weeks meds on hand so it could be cool for a while.
Thanks for your help!
Response from Dr. McGowan
I would not worry. Since you are using your meds up fairly quickly and the temperture is not extreme it should be fine. Don't waste your money on heating bills for this.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Coated Tongue After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Does Genital Warts Virus Ever Go Away?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.