INFECTION

Hello Doctor , I am on truvada/norvir/reyataz combo and my CD4 is very good and vl is undetectable . But I am concern about one thing, yesterday I went to the bathroom and it hurts to pee , do you think that is due to the medicine or is an infection ? I am drinking lots of fluids and it does not go away , My kidney not hurting or anything but I am freaking out by now. Should I go to emergency room ? Please help.

Response from Dr. McGowan

Sorry to hear that you are having these symptoms.

Rarely you can get kidney stones from reyataz. These symptoms may also be from an infection (urethritis) or a herpes outbreak. Yes, you should see your doctor to have tests done as soon as possible.

Joe

disease
Will storing Atripla in the cool reduce its effectiveness?