Thanks for answer: 7-day gap between regimens

Dear doctor Joseph, I am very happy to hear that the Truvada part of my regimen hasn't been "screwed up" with that 7 day break between Atripla and my new combo.

I had, what the doctor called, a hypersensitivity with macopopular exantema (this is how they call it in Spain anyway) and the doctor said I was showing toxicity towards the Effavirenz and that meant that Neviparine was also out of the question as the two drugs showed "crossed reaction". So I guess that not only because of resistance issues now, but the allergy or high rash risk has put these two drugs and probably any others in the same family/line of action off the table for me.

I feel I may be unnecesarily restless with all that's happened and I think I should just trust and believe in my doctor, as I am sure he is very good. But sometimes one can't help read and ask about everything up to the point one starts to question decissions made, which is wrong. It is deffinitely difficult starting meds and dealing with side effects but I hope that things get better with time. By the way I have my first labs tomorrow... keeping fingers crossed for good results or at least no alarming findings.

Once again thank you for all you do. Happy New Year from Spain!

E.

Response from Dr. McGowan

I am keeping my fingers crossed, I expect the tests will be very good.

It is unsettling sometimes when you get a bad reaction to your first treatment, but luckily there are many good options and you are in good hands.

Happy New Year to you too!

Joe

Possible mutation of the virus?
Have you ever seen this situation before??