thyroid issues and HIV

Hello!

I'm a 27 y/o male and poz for six years now. In meds for about 3 years now (Viramune + Truvada, once daily). CD4s floating between 800/900 and VL under suppression since the begining of treatment.

I recently developed a lump in my neck, so I went to get it all checked and after some blood tests, ultrasound screening and biopsy, it was simply diagnosed as "massive thyroid nodule with subclinical hypothyroidism". Surgical removal seems to be the path to follow, and the dr. already adverted me that I mostly will have to follow a treatment with synthetic hormones, namedly levothyroxine.

The question is very simple: Is this going to interfere in any aspect with my current HIV treatment? Aside from my combo, I don't take any other meds.

Thank you very much.

Response from Dr. McGowan

No there should be no issues with your current medication. The dose of your thyroid replacement medication will have to be monitored with blood tests untill it is balanced with your metabolism.

Best, Joe

Expiration date and potency of Atripla
How To Start HIV Therapy?