What is your opinion concerning my drug combo?

How do you feel about the combo of: Prezista, Truvada, Selzntry and Intellence? These are my current meds so was wondering if that is a good combination.

Thanks for your response.

JTorres

Hello JT and thanks for posting.

From your list, it would appear that you must have quite drug-resistant virus. The regimen that your taking is a list of some of the current standard bearers for treatment of resistance (though shouldn't you be also taking Norvir?).

As for assessing the worthiness of the combination, this would entirely depend on the extent and type of resistance that you have. I do note that you could be taking upwards of 5 active medications. Most current thinking suggests that 3-4 fully active (fully is the key word) medications are all that's required to treating even the most resistant virus.

I hope that is helpful, BY

Should I be starting my Meds?
Switching from Atripla to Reyataz, Norvir and Epzicom