Isentress & Truvada Resistance

I just started taking meds for the very first time a few days ago. I'm currently taking Isentress & Truvada however my doctor didn't tell me exactly how to take them so my wife has been giving me the Isentress at 1am and then again at 1pm and then the Truvada at 3pm. However since I'm kind of new to this and haven't found any good answers I am wondering if taking the meds this way is okay as its still taking the Isentress twice daily and the Truvada once daily or should I take the Truvada with the 1pm dose of Isentress to avoid resistance or does that matter as long as I don't miss any doses. My wife has several alarms and she never misses a dose on any of my other meds as I also take Letaris for Pulmonary Hypertension and I've been doing that for 2yrs now without a single missed dose as we both know that the Hiv meds and the pulmonary hypertension meds are like a marriage and have to be taken on time every day so I'm not worried about missing a dose. I just don't want to end up with a resistance to the Isentress & Truvada due to the lack of knowing whats the best way to take them. I would imagine the way I'm taking them is okay but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Your expertise and thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated

Hi and thanks for posting.

There's no strict rule for when to take your particular regimen, though you could make your life a bit easier by taking the Truvada dose at the same time as one of your Isentresses.

It's good to strive not to miss any doses of medications, though our medications are now good enough that you don't have to be neurotic about either the hour of dosing or the rare missed dose.

In the end, it's your regular monitoring labs that will indicate if there are any problems, but from what you've described to me, you have little to worry about.

Be well, BY

atripla with or without food?
sorry to bother u Dr Benjamin