Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

CD4/CD8 INVERTED, VERI ILL, BUT NEGATIVE TEST
Dec 21, 2011

Hi, doctor, excuse me i dont have money for pay to you, but, i hope that you give me a orientation. In may 2009 i Had a sexual relation with a sexual worker, a hurt in my mouth had contact with breast milk of her, 6 weeks later I fell very ill, with fever, diarrhea, swollen nodes, weight lost, etc, etc, etc, I had the recurrent fever for 1 month but the other Symptoms stayed with me forever, and every time I have new symptoms, I have a horrible blepharitis, recurrent diarrhea, recurrent throat infection, oral herpes, painful swollen nodes every time, horrible malaise, etc, etc,. It seemed logical I had been infected for hiv, and 4 months post risk I had a indeterminate elisa, but several confirmatory elisas were negative, 9 months post risk a new quick test positive, but de Westen Blot indeterminate (p31 band), indetectable Viral Load but CD4 count 511, then several negative elisas, the last 2 years post risk. I have a DNA proviral negative too. Doctor I have been controlling my cd4 count these are around 500 always (for 1.5 years I have controlled) and my CD4/CD8 inverted always. I do not care to tests I care my health I am dying doctor, What Can I do? Recently I had a positive Igm VCA for Epstein barr virus too, Doctor is possible that I have a chronic intection for this virus? Doctor I dont care about my the illness name I only want a treatment. Please Doctor give me your opinion, if you think that it contradicts other opinions dont publish but answer me please. Best regards (excuse my english, I am from Central America)

Response from Dr. McGowan

I am sorry that you are feeling well. Our advice here is free and I am glad that you have written in.

The testing you have done proves that your symptoms are not from HIV infection. No further HIV testing needs to be done.

The EBV VCA IgM positive is suggestive of an acute (recent) EBV infection and this can certainly cause many of the symptoms that you decsribe and is a persistent infection. The other symptoms are pretty non-specific and could be from many different causes.

Best, Joe

Previous
resistance and reuse
Next
Another Brazilian worried. (Joseph a big hug)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.