Samples of Atripla ??

Doc: This may be a silly question but is there any way to get samples of Atripla while waiting for a 90-day mail order delivery of the drug. The reason I ask is (as I told you in an earlier msg) my CD4 went from 374 to 322 in a period from 11/16/11 to 12/09/11. Further, my CD4 lymph % went from 20% down to 17% for that same brief period. So, I am trying to start the med ASAP. My doc keeps telling me "there is no urgency" but I am concerned especially about the lymph % drop. It still may be 8-10 days from today (12/15/11) before I receive the meds by mail order. Thanks again for all your help. I was just diagnosed on 11/9/11 and this is all "new" to me. Ron

Response from Dr. McGowan

Hi Ron,

Sorry I just got to this message, so you should be about ready to get your meds. I agree with your doctor, these extra few days will not make a difference in the long-term. I am gald that you will be starting meds. Your viral load will start to decrease immediately and, as it goes down, your CD4 counts will start to recover as your body heals. Best of luck and have a Happy and Healthy New Year. Joe

Hi Dr Mc Gowan help me please and thanks Merry Christmas!!!
Thanks for reply:CD4 now lower one month later