just a problem bout hiv
Dec 18, 2011
When a doctor check u 4 anemia! Can he tell if u got hiv or not. Also when u have your pap test can the doctor tell to abut hiv.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
The only way to know if one has HIV is to do HIV antibody (or viral load) testing. Current US medical guidelines strongly suggest testing for HIV in all medical settings, including testing for anemia or annual pelvic exams.
Testing for anemia alone or having a pap smear won't indicate if one as HIV.
Hope that helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Jock Itch After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Do You Have To Wait To Have Sex After Using Premarin Vaginal Cream?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.