|just a problem bout hiv
Dec 18, 2011
When a doctor check u 4 anemia! Can he tell if u got hiv or not. Also when u have your pap test can the doctor tell to abut hiv.
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
The only way to know if one has HIV is to do HIV antibody (or viral load) testing. Current US medical guidelines strongly suggest testing for HIV in all medical settings, including testing for anemia or annual pelvic exams.
Testing for anemia alone or having a pap smear won't indicate if one as HIV.
Hope that helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Skin After Insertive Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Open Mouth Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
- Bleeding During A Pap Smear
- Can You Get Genital Warts On Your Mouth?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.