Dec 18, 2011
Can I still develop AIDS while taking Atripla? Am I just prolonging the inevetable?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
AIDS need not be inevitable. If you don't have AIDS currently and stay adherent to your HIV medications, there's very little risk that you'll have disease progression or AIDS.
Be well, stay well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Potential Long Term Effects Of Hiv Infection
- Will Doctor Prescribe Pain Meds For Hep C Symptoms?
- Can Lyme Disease Interfere With Hiv Test?
- Can Somebody Get Infected With Hiv Through Drinking Infected Blood?
- Can A Person Be Hiv Infected And Have No Symptoms For Ten Years?
- Vegetarian Living With Hiv
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.