Garlic and efavirenz

I'm a 64 yr old lady from south Africa, was diagnosed with HIV 3 yrs ago. My CD4 count was 167, I then started HAART...efavirenz, truvada....I was also taking a multivitamin, procidin n garlic tablets. My CD4 count improved to 285.....then after 6 mnths it went down to 235....then again after 6 mnths 230. My viral load has always been undetectable. Then stopped garlic(after reading than it lowers efavirenz in the blood) but I had taken it 4 more than 2 yrs on HAART. Is my CD4 count going down because I mayb resistant to efavirenz?? If I am, wil I now develop resistance to truvada since it wil b like taking 2 drugs only ( in SA resistance testing is not yet done, atleast it doesn't come cheap) PLEASE HELP

Hello and thanks for posting from South Africa.

If your viral load is undetectable, then you don't have drug resistance, so no need to worry about that.

As for your CD4 count, it's likely that your labs are just detecting the normal variability of CD4s. If your labs report CD4 percentages, you'd likely find that there's little change between the current and last CD4 tests.

Hope that helps, BY

Delaying efavirenz a few hours every now and then
Fate