Alcohol and HIV meds
Dec 12, 2011
Hello Doctor, I`m just concern because last weekend (special ocasion) I drinked more than normal, I need to know how can that affect my regimen (norvir,reyataz and truvada) CD4 759 and VL don`t know yet ,I will be getting them on wed 14 . Please help!!! My Father and I always drink a glass of wine with dinner , is part of our culture. Does that affect?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
In moderation (and so long as you don't have liver disease or problems with adherence), it's ok to have an occasional drink with dinner.
Hope that helps; be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get HIV From Touching An Open Scab?
- Blood In Urine After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.