Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HELP PLEASE.
Dec 11, 2011

Hello, Please answer my Question! Ive been to the doctors three times and nobody will help me or answer my questions. -This is going to be alittle bit long sorry. Im very confused of why im showing early sings of HIV. Im 21 and I have always been scared of getting a STD and now my worst fear is here and its so hard to come to terms with. I hope you answer my question because I have been bugging everybody and now my mom cant stand me anymore.

Anyways a month ago I woke up with white pus on my tonsils and tiny red dots on the roof of my mouth. I used salt water and vinger and it went away three days later. I was very confused on how I got it so I googled it and it said I had Strep or HIV. The problem is I wasnt around anybody with Strep! Then I caught a respiratory infection from my sister and it finaly that clear up. Now I have had swollen lymp noded in my neck and some-thing hard below my ears and my ears have been popping and I have a sore throat that has been lasting a whole month (mostly in mornings).

Response from Dr. McGowan

Your symptoms sound most consistent with a viral respiratory infection. These are common causes of sore throats, swollen glands and "popping" ears. Also they can spread within a family and between friends and contacts easily. Strep throat is also possible but the ear popping would be less likely.

HIV does not spread through the air. Normal household contact: sharing living space, food, hugging, kissing on the cheek, wrestling, etc would not spread HIV.

Hope this puts you at ease.

Joe

Previous
sir please i have been posting since 1 month need atleast answer sir.anxiety building up
Next
starting treatment

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.