sir please i have been posting since 1 month need atleast answer sir.anxiety building up

i tested negative for HIV antibody tests 3,6,9,12,15,18 months ..all came out to be negative..later i came across article on Hepatitis C co infection and delayed seroconversion..so i tested at 18 months for HCV antibodies and it came out to be negative..my possible route of exposure was oral sex with a girl (she gave me blowjob) and i touched her vaginal fluids with bare hands..so my concerns here are is there any possibility of contracting HCV through my encounter? For HCV I did only antibody testing at 18 months,should i do any PCR TESTING for this? is there any possibility of delayed seroconversion with regards to HIV and any further testing should be done to rule out even the remote possibilities,because i am getting engaged this month and i dont want to give even the slightest chance of infection to my partner.. please answer me and relieve me of my tensions to move forward with my new relationship.

Response from Dr. McGowan

No, you do not have to worry about having contracted HIV or hepatitis C from your encounter 18 months ago. The testing you have done is adequate to be certain that you are not infected. The risk of contracting HIV from oral sex is very very low, especially since you were the receiver of oral sex. HIV does not exist in the saliva in amounts high enough to be infectious (that would increase if your partner had any open sores or lesions in teh mouth). There are no known cases of HCV being transmitted through oral sex on a man (fellatio) or a woman (cunnilingus). Also touching vaginal fluids with intact skin poses no risk to you.

Relax and practice safe sex in the future.

Joe

effect
HELP PLEASE.