How soon to stop Artripla while pregnant

Hello Dr, I'm planning a baby next month, can I know how soon I should get out of atripla should i get pregnant? I know it's toxic for the fetus, hence my question. would two months be still safe for the baby?

Hello and thank you for posting.

Here in the US, we try to avoid giving efavirenz (part of Atripla) to women who are pregnant (in the first trimester) or who are planning on getting pregnant.

Current US treatment guidelines would suggest a switch to a boosted protease inhibitor (with Combivir) for the first trimester of pregnancy. Though we usually continue these medications until the baby is born, if necessitated, one could then consider a switch back to efavirenz.

I hope that helps. BY

will the bloating feeling stop
how long a single regimen work?