my labs n living hope

Hello Dr, I would be very short. My test results were as below. on January 2011. 1. CD4 count 1090 and CD4% 27 2. PVL was 102 and the lowest dectetion as per the result was 400 . 3. all other tests were normal. Could you please guide about my status as to how many years am i away from meds. Can one live a long life now are medications getting better to live easy life.

thank you

Hello and thanks for posting.

Overall, your labs suggest that you have a pretty healthy immune system and very good control of the virus (with a very low HIV plasma viral load-PVL). While your total (or absolute) CD4 count is high, your CD4 percentage is below normal- if confirmed, this suggests to me that there is some degree of immune suppression.

Like all of my patients who are recently diagnosed, I would tell you that you should live a normal life, with excellent quality of life. You should spend this time in learning about your health (and virus) and identifying a medical care provider who is both expert in HIV issues and whom you can develop a trusting, non-judgmental relationship.

I hope that helps. Please write back anytime. BY

Combination Theraphy
Been a little sick