Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

re: suicide
Dec 7, 2011

Something to think about...

In 1994 I was injured badly enough to have been pronounced dead. In 1995, I came out of the coma,learned to live with one arm, one leg, and significant head/neck trauma. I've probably thought about suicide once per day for 16 years.

I just can't tolerate the idea that the very last thing I ever did was give up. I'd rather go out FIGHTING!!!! I've started support groups for the disabled in three states, put two "cops" in prison, rehabilitated several addicts...

You may never be able to heal yourself. But you might just be able to heal the world. "When life hands you lemons, add tequila and salt."

Take whatever life you have left, and swing it as Thor swings his hammer. True power is not having the best tools. True power is the ability to get the job done with whatever you have on hand.

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'Holy shit! What a ride!'"

It is very easy to be a hero. And, it's very, very addicting. If you don't see anything worth living for, volunteer at a VA hospital, or a rehabilitation center, or... you shouldn't think of dieing until you have something worth dieing for. If you can find that, finding something worth living for should be easy! That works both ways, find something worth living for in this thing you're thinking of dieing for.

Right now you are scared. Maybe you feel betrayed. "Tequila and salt..." "... Live like you were dieing." In summation, "life is a bitch?" So train it to sit and speak!

Response from Dr. Young

Thanks for posting...

Here's to swinging life as Thor swings his hammer.

BY

Previous
RE:should commit suicide doc? dont lie...please.
Next
Are my medication up to date?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.