|How would an HIV cure be defined?
Dec 1, 2011
What would constitutue a drug cure for people infected with HIV? Would it mean a normal T cell count with no detectable viral load after stopping treatment a few years after stopping treatment? Would one have to test negative on the antibody test ( Elisa/WB )?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for your interesting post.
Rather than type out a lengthy answer, I'll direct you to a guerilla media video that my friend, Dr. Jair Garcia (Monterrey, Mexico) took on a drive that we took together in the Colorado mountains that directly addresses your query.
I hope you enjoy. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ache In Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Condom Leak Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Kissing Cut On Lip Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Hpv After Needle Stick Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Anal Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.