|dosage of omeprazole
Dec 1, 2011
I have no refills on my protonix perscription until I see my doctor, which is a week and a half away. My protonix is 40mg and the over the counter substiute Omeprzole is only 20mg. Can I double the dose to be equilant to my protonix dosage?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for posting.
Yes, 20 mg x 2 = 40 mg. It shouldn't be a problem.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- I Have Hiv Can I Take Omeprazole
- Omeprazole And Aids
- Should Someone With Hiv Take Omeprazole?
- Muscle Ache After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Red Eyes After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.