PCOs a result of Atripla????
Nov 30, 2011
Hi Dr McGowan, After i started Atripla in 2008, I have been diagnosed with PCOs which is now making it difficult to conceive. Will this lead to Diabetes by any chance? We have no history of diabetes in both my families. Also, is the polysistic ovary syndrome(PCO)a side effect of atripla you think?? Thanks, JJ
Response from Dr. McGowan
I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis. There is a link between diabetes (or pre-diabetes called insulin resistance) and Polycystic ovaries. The diabetes (or pre-diabetes) may be the cause of the PCO. I am not aware of any link between Atripla and Polycystic Ovary Disease.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Risk Of Getting HIV From Cut On Hand?
- What Is The Risk Of Vaginal Fisting?
- Burning Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Dizziness After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.