Atripla for Eternity?

Atripla was the very first medication my doctor prescribed for my HIV infection. Thankfully, I have never experienced any side effects over the course of the two years I've been taking the once-a-day pill.

Here's my question: Is there a chance that I may one day need to change my medication? If so, what factors would contribute to a switch in medication?

Hello and thanks for posting.

It's great to hear that you're tolerating your medication (Atripla) very well. Unless you develop toxicity from one of the medications in Atripla in the future (and assuming that you're adherent and getting appropriate monitoring), there's no reason to expect that you'll need to change medications.

Indeed, I have a number of patients who have now been on medications for over 10 years.

Hope that helps, BY

Can i switch taking atripla from 1230 pm to 11pm
HIV Specialist or Primary Care Doctor or Both?