|new med from india?
Nov 16, 2011
hi, i am a doc from india and would like to bring to your attention a novel unani-ayurvedic anti hiv med prepared by hootone remedies. they claim significant viral load suppression and CD4 count enhancement. do you have any data or any chance to cross check this claim? if it is really doing so good as they claim, the med is going to be revolutionary. Kind regards, Dr Titas.
| Response from Dr. McGowan
There is no scientific evidence that supports claims that the traditional Indian system of medicine Ayurveda can treat HIV infection. I have seen many claims that people have benefitted, but this has not been subject to scientific study and cannot be recommended.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Penis Discharge After Protected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Psoriasis After Topping Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.