Nov 11, 2011
hi sir.i have recently been asked to kill and skin a quail as part of some survival training.as i was skinning it,the bone cut me and some of the quail blood get inside the wound. So,will i get hiv as a result? Thank you so much sir.
Response from Dr. Young
Since quails (or other birds, or lions or tigers or bears) do not harbor HIV, there's no way that you can contract HIV from exposure to quail body fluid.
Now, if you were having sex with people or doing drugs while on your survival training, that's a different story.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do People Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Receiving Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.