Nov 9, 2011
Hi all, I'm just wondering if with my lab results I should be starting treatment. I feel fit and fabulous...What do you think?? Wait or Start?
CD4 T-Cell =444 Viral Load =4,800
Thank You !
Cheers, Drew (Sydney, Australia)
Response from Dr. Young
G'day Drew and thanks for posting.
Though your viral load is somewhat lower than average, if confirmed and independent of the presence or absence of any symptoms, your current CD4 count meets current US treatment guidelines to initiate treatment.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Does The Discharge From Chlamydia Look Like For Men?
- What Color Are Genital Warts?
- What Are My Chances Of Getting Chlamydia From Someone Who Already Has It?
- Can Washing After Sex Can Help Prevent Herpes?
- Time Frame After Contracting Herpes Before It Shows Up On An Std Test
- Syphilis Chancre Topical Cream
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.