help

i am a student from india.i had a romantic episode with my girl friend in the car..the details of the event is as follows..i just fingered her vagina with bare hands and she gave me oral sex without a condom..and i kissed her lips..thats it..she is also a student from a different school..our relation started 1 month back before that episode..later i doubted her previous relationships, whether all her previous relations are clean or not..that way i insisted her to test for HIV antibody test..it came negative only..but i doubted her window period..after that episode i didnt had any intimate relation with her as she moved to another place....later doubting her window period i tested myself after 3 months , 6 months, 9 months and 12 months and 17 months by HIV antibody tests..i did one hep c antibody test at 17 months ..all those came negative only..i didnt go for any RNA or DNA tests as i heard that they may come false positive and again i have to rely on antibody tests..i heard from literature that there are only few number of cases who had late seroconversion that is beyond 6 months,and in few of them it is associated with Hepatitis C acute infection also and they are also seroconverted within 12 months.. so my questions here are is there any need for any further testing? and do i need any nucleic acid testing to be said conclusively negative.all NA tests are not available here in india ? I want to be clean before getting married to the end of this year..so are these tests conclusive enough?

Response from Dr. McGowan

There is no need to worry and no need to do any further testing. The epsisode you described was low risk. The girl was good enough to agree to be tested, which is commendable, and your serologies well beyond the recommended 6 months remain negative. Even the remote possibility of co-transmission of HCV has been addressed.

Congratulations on your marriage and best to you and your bride.

Joe

Norvir + drug interactions = ER visit
sharing of needles