Tired and exhausted of testing. Need specialist and need an answer

Hello, and thanks for all the work you do, and people you help. I am a male, 34. Got tested for possible job. Results were positive Elisa, negative Western Blot. ZERO bands. I have no exposure I consider high risk. One time protected sex encounter with female of unkown status. The clinic doctor did not seem to knowledgeable from results and referred me to see an I.D. and labled my test "indeterminate". I see an I.D., get full viral load, T-cell count. ZERO COPIES. They ran another screener just to be sure. Same results: positive elisa, negative western blot: zero copies of viral load at exactly 3 months. The I.D. wants me to come back in 60 days and retest and if results the same, retest in every 2 months up to a year. (By the way this was the lab technicians suggestion not the specialist) I can not take the mental strain this has caused on me. They seem to be completely over looking my multiple negative western blots and zero copy DNA viral load, and treating me like a "wait and see" case as if I will end up positive by both test---But I know for a fact I dont have it. I know the elisa is sensitive, and the western blot is specific. Who do I trust?? I have rheumatoid arthritis in my left knee that's the only thing I can think is triggering that Elisa. Please help SOON. I am losing my sanity. Thanks.

Hello, and thanks for posting.

You're right. The ELISA is a screening test that by design will pick up falsely positive results (to make sure that no true positive is missed). The western blot is the definitive test. With negative WBs and PCRs, you're HIV negative. No further questions.

Hope that helps with the sanity. BY

PEP Side Effects after 28 days.
Cholesterol Driven Med Change