PEP Side Effects after 28 days.

Very quick question, I finished my PEP 28 day schedule with the strongest meds out there according to the doctor. Anyways, the day after I finished my 28 days, I started getting dizzy, and a heavy headed feeling. My doctor attributes it to stress and anxiety, but could this be a side effect to my PEP. I was on Truvada and Stocrin, and I get dizzy after staring at a computer or, watching TV for long periods. I've also been experiencing muscle twitching all over my body (usually at rest). My 6 week mark after initial exposure is in 1 week, and I'm thinking I should get tested. Any advice would be fantastic. Thanks.

Hello and thanks for posting.

I'd think that it would be very unlikely for you to experience PEP-related side effects at the end of your 28 day treatment.

As for HIV testing, I don't recommend getting tested too often- it only raises the anxiety level and does little from a diagnostic perspective. We usually recommend HIV antibody testing at 1, 3 and 6 months after exposure.

I hope that helps. Be well, BY

rifafour
Tired and exhausted of testing. Need specialist and need an answer