Once daily Isentress.

Dr. Young,

Ive been taking Isentress/Truvada all once a day for several yrs. I read online that pilot study showed promise. So, I have been taking it all at once from the get go. I never told my provider. She just likes my labs. Undectable VL and 1400 tcell count. Much easier for total compliance. Than trying to squeeze in twice a day. Plus any unwanted side affect not experienced during the day. I do have some minor insomnia with this combo. But, thats it. The easiest tolerated combo Ive ever been on. I dont condone going against professional advice, but working great for me.

Hello and thanks for sharing your experiences.

Your's is not an uncommon report. Indeed, the large QDMRK clinical trial [note: I'm an author on this publication] that demonstrated that once daily raltegravir (ISENTRESS) was less effective than twice-daily showed that the differences between the two strategies, while statistically significant, were relatively small- 83% vs 89% had undetectable viral loads at 48 weeks of treatment (with tenofovir/FTC). This regimen is indeed very well tolerated for the vast majority of people who take it.

If you've been successfully suppressed and tolerating your regimen, I'd see little reason to change the dosing, particularly if you have concerns about your adherence to twice daily meds. On the other hand, make sure you take a look at the best scientific evidence to guide your decisions (but that, in part is why you're writing), and if you have questions to speak to your health care provider.

Hope that helps. Again, thanks for posting. BY

Anti HAV Total
scared of infection