Complera

I took Sustiva in 2003 for one year. I stopped because I could no longer live with the restless nights and dizzying/sick feeling in my head. I was told that I would not be able to take a NNRTI again. My current doctor has prescribed Complera which has Edurant, an NNRTI in it. I was wondering is this safe and or effective treatment.

Hello and thanks for posting.

It's not clear from your post as to why your doctor said that you can't take a NNRTI- if it's for reasons of drug resistance, then it's quite possible that other NNRTIs, like rilpivirine (and hence the combo med Complera) might not be fully active.

Complera is generally safe and effective, but it's best reserved for those who don't have high baseline viral loads (>100,000) or issues with drug resistance, can be adherent (if the regimen fails, there's a greater risk of developing drug resistance).

Sounds like a chat with your doctor will sort these issues out for you. Be well, BY

Swollen neck glands
Anti HAV Total