|Swollen neck glands
Nov 7, 2011
I am HIV+ and have developed swollen glands on (R) side of my neck.It's been months but they refuse to go down.No pain or fever.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
Swollen lymph nodes could be the sign of many things, including just plain HIV itself. If you've had enlarged lymph nodes, especially if they're not painful (infection usually results in tender nodes), you should let your health care provider know.
Depending on the size and appearance, you may need additional tests to confirm what's going on.
Be well, BY
- In Hiv Does White Blood Cells Or Red Blood Cells Have To Do With Hiv
- Will Shingles Affect My Sex Life?
- Will I Be Okay Having Protected Sex With Hpv?
- Will A Herpes Breakout Always Reoccur In The Same Area?
- What Happens If Shingles Are Not Treated With Medicine?
- What Color Is The Discharge From Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.