Nov 7, 2011
Hi Dr. Young, Is Etravirine and Nevirapine processed in the same part of the liver? I have been on Nevirapine for 10 years and I am having some liver issues. I wonder if Etravirine would use a different part of my liver? thanks, tom
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello Tom and thanks for posting.
Both medications are processed by the liver, though one generally doesn't distinguish between different parts or cells in the liver with regard to drug metabolism. That said, drug reactions from one medication don't always translate to reactions to all medications.
Hope that helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Licking Rectum Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.