Oct 30, 2011
If your cd4 count is 666 and vl is 140 can you transmit hiv
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
One's CD4 count has little to do with risk of HIV transmission. On the other hand, risk of transmission is related to the amount of virus in your blood, semen or other body fluids. Your viral load of 166 is quite low, and therefore your risk of transmission (based on this factor alone) is lower than someone with a more typical untreated viral load of ~50,000. This does, in no way mean that you can't transmit. It only means that your risk is lower.
I hope that's helpful, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Jock Itch After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Vaginal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Rash After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Get Genital Warts From A Razor?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.