Throw out after 45 minutes of the dose

I have taken efavirenz and lamivudine , Zidovudine together every night and then lamivudine and zidovudine after 12 hours.

If I vomitted 45 minutes after tking the night dose, should I wait until the next dose or should I retake immediately?

There is no visibble tablet in view, but some dinner left over.

My doctor has advised me to have efavirenz taken at least two hours after last meal.

Please advise, many thanks.

Hello and thanks for posting.

Usually there's no need to retake your medications after vomiting, unless you see pill fragments in the vomit (yuk, I know). Indeed, the pills usually leave your stomach within 10-15 minutes of taking, so you're safe if it was 45 minutes after.

Regarding efavirenz, if you're tolerating the medication well, there's no particular need to limit the food intake (the diet restriction is to limit the risk of side effects that happen in some people). This could be important since the zidovudine/lamivudine (Combivir) is better tolerated if taken with food.

Hope that helps, BY

expecting kidney problem,what to do ?
hiv