A double dose of Isentress

Hi, i have been on the truvada/Isentress regime for a year now, and going really well, undetectable for 11 months, and i take all 3 pills at once, and it seems to work, under 20 viral load with tcells @ 537 However latly i have been reading that i should take the double dose of Issentress a two different times of the day, Is the outcome different if i do so, or is it more based on the trials et al. Also one final thing, my doctor has mentioned that he wants me to consider changing to atripla, i am at a loss to understand why when i have no side effects from my current regime, any suggestions

Hello and thanks for posting.

Your question relates to relatively new information that confirmed that it's better to take raltegravir (Isentress) twice, rather than once-daily. I had previously commented, that the QDMRK study (recently published in Lancet Infectious Diseases ) showed that once-daily raltegravir (ISENTRESS) didn't perform quite as well as when taken twice daily. [NB: I was an author on the study] The differences weren't huge, but large enough to be statistically significant.

As for why switch to Atripla, I can't say, except that Atripla is a true once-daily medication, whereas your Truvada/Isentress regimen should probably be best taken as a twice-daily.

I'd suggest that you discuss the reasons with your doctor before making any switch.

I hope that this helps. BY

Does coffee interact with HIV meds?
expecting kidney problem,what to do ?