Atripla and PQQ

Hi! I started taking PQQ (Pyrroloquinoline quinone) because I've read that it's instrumental in mitochondrial health, but I need to make sure that it isn't something that will interact badly with any of the components of Atripla. I read on a webpage online that says PQQ has inhibitory effects on the reverse transcriptase of HIV-1 and now I'm a little concerned that it may interfere with the Atripla. PQQ is something that our bodies take-in from our diet, but in supplement form the quantities are much greater. Any thoughts? Can I continue to take it without worrying?

Hello and thanks for posting.

There's little in the literature about pyrroloquinolines and HIV enzymes, other than the possibility of binding (and perhaps interactions).

I don't think that there's much harm in dietary quantities, but without evidence of either benefit or safety, why run the risk?

BY

how long an hiv person can live
re.- Es muy dificil aplicarme fuzeon