Quitting cigarette

Hello

I am under Prezista + Norvir + Truvada and I unfortunately smoke, not a lot but more than 0 per day. I wish to quit and I bought these nicotine pills that make nicotine flow in your blood so that you don't feel angry or any need for a cigarette.

But now, I am suddently scared, is it recommended to have these pills while taking my hiv drugs?

Are we 100% sure that these pills won't interact with my hiv medication and lead to a decrease of the medication level in my blood?

I have been looking around on the net but did not find any answer...

I would greatly appreciate your answer on this...

Thanks a lot

Hello and thanks for posting.

Smoking-related health complications can be particularly important for people living with HIV. For this reason, reducing or quitting tobacco is something that I emphasize for my patients.

But no reason to be scared. Provided that you follow the manufacturer's directions, there's no reason why you couldn't use nicotine replacement (such as gum, patches or lozenges).

Hope that helps (and helps you quit), BY

Temporal wasting
how long an hiv person can live