Plantar fasciitis

Hello Dr. Benjamin, I have had heel pain for several months that is now spreading to the whole feet when they are fatigued from walking. The pain is bad when I have been in a period of inactivity (not walking) for sometime and when I stand up it is very bad and goes after a while leaving only the mild pain from walking fatigue. I have several neropathy tests and all is in order. My HIV specialist in Netherlands is puzzled. The last idea I had after some research is Plantar fasciitis since my symptoms seem compatible with this symptom profile.

Two question here. 1- what kind of doctor do I need to visit to asses possibility of Plantar fasciitis and 2- what are the possible treatment modalities for this condition? I could not find enough resources online on treatment.

Kind regards, Nader

Hallo and thanks for posting from the Netherlands.

Your symptoms certainly sound like plantar fasciitis. Here in the US, it's not uncommon for primary care doctors to care for this condition; it's also not uncommon for podiatrists or orthopedists to provide speciality care.

Treatments for plantar fasciitis vary as a function of the severity of the situation. Here's a very nice overview from PubMed Health.. I have found that foot stretching exercises and consistent icing to the feet to be quite effective.

I hope that is helpful, BY

PCR and ELISA
Temporal wasting