HIV and blood clotting

In the past 18 months, I have had over 20 pulmonary emboli from clotting in my legs. I have been on Atripla for several years. Fortunately, I have not only survived. but feel great. Undectible VL and good T cell count that is climbing. Is there any known relationship between HIV or Atripla that may account for this? All testing thus far has been negative.

Hello and thank you for posting.

Sorry to hear about your lung problems. From the drug safety information that I can gather, both from the maker of Atripla (Gilead) and from various online sources, thrombosis is not thought to be associated with any of the medications in Atripla (tenofovir, emtricitabine and efavirenz).

Good luck and good health to you, BY

switch from atripla to complera?
PCR and ELISA