|HIV and blood clotting
Oct 23, 2011
In the past 18 months, I have had over 20 pulmonary emboli from clotting in my legs. I have been on Atripla for several years. Fortunately, I have not only survived. but feel great. Undectible VL and good T cell count that is climbing. Is there any known relationship between HIV or Atripla that may account for this? All testing thus far has been negative.
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thank you for posting.
Sorry to hear about your lung problems. From the drug safety information that I can gather, both from the maker of Atripla (Gilead) and from various online sources, thrombosis is not thought to be associated with any of the medications in Atripla (tenofovir, emtricitabine and efavirenz).
Good luck and good health to you, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Type Of Doctor Specializes In The Treatment Of Herpes?
- What Over The Counter Products Can Help Prevent Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What If A Person With Hpv Uses The Restroom And Does Not Wash Their Hands Can You Get It?
- What Causes Recurrent Bacterial Vaginosis Infections?
- What Can I Put On My Itchy Shingles?
- Syphilis How Does It Affect Reproductive System
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.