Are there side effects to medicines mixed sexually?
Oct 23, 2011
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting your interesting question.
While HIV medications are present in body fluids (blood, semen, saliva, for example), the amounts are low enough that there shouldn't be medication side effects associated from exposure to the fluids.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are The Chances Of Transmitting Chlamydia After One Time?
- What Are Long Term Effects For Genital Herpes?
- Can You Get Vaginosis From A Latex Condom?
- What Are The Consequences Of Untreated Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Is The Most Common Symptom Of Gonorrhea In Men?
- Symptoms Of Shingles In Women
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.