dentist

Hi, i was dianosed a year ago. i have not been to doctors since. i never did get a cd 4 count done or anything. anyways almost a year later and i been feeling ok. sore throat once in a while hear and there. i did get shingles back in april. it was very mild. so now i want to get my widon tooth pulled. i have this one left.dentist would have to cut gum a bit cause its deep down. anyways i went the other day , but then thought maybe i shoud not do this cause i might get a infection in mouth. my question is is it safe to get wisdon tooth out, say if i do have a low cd 4 count.? i will be getting medical help in three months when my insurance kicks in. thanks hope for a quick responce.

Hi and thanks for posting.

It would seem to me that your first steps after getting diagnosed are to connect with a doctor that you can trust and who is knowledgeable about HIV. Getting a complete clinical, physical and laboratory evaluation is needed to assess your health and immediate health requirements.

It is entirely ok to see a dentist if you have HIV infection; indeed, routine dental care is strongly recommended. I don't see any particular reason why with a low CD4 count that you shouldn't have dental care that you need.

Hope that helps, BY

Low-level viremia
DMARD Interaction with Hiv Therapy