symptom for infected white blood cell
Oct 22, 2011
If the white blood cell is infected or does not work well how can someone know?
Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for posting.
There's no commercially available way to determine if a particular white blood cell is HIV infected or not. On the other hand, in HIV-infected, untreated persons, the total number of white blood cells and the lymphocytes (which include CD4s) is often lower than normal.
Critically low WBC or CD4 levels are associated with poor overall function and risk of complications.
Hope that helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Hair Loss An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Can U Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Black Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Dark Bumps After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Genital Rubbing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.