Diarrhea for 2 months now.

I have been positive for 7 months. I amd having varies symptoms that no one can pin point. My last 3 cd4 counts were: 399, started HAART meds 770, mostly recently 461 with lots of diarrhea, depression, and malnutrition issues. I have seen a gastroenterologist who suggested that I have anxiety issues or my symptoms are due to HARRT therapy. My HIV Dr. just stopped my HARRT therapy meds and all other meds in an attempt to dx the diarrhea issues. I have been off my HARRT meds for 1 day and my diarrhea is not better, as a matter of fact it seems to be worse, what is going on? Any suggestions or advice?

Hi and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear that you're having difficulty.

Seems like you have several possible causes of diarrhea, including your HIV medications. However, I wouldn't expect that your symptoms would necessarily resolve only 1 day after stopping your medications (assuming that they were the culprit).

In my clinical practice, I'll hold meds for about 1 week before determining if there's a cause and effect relationship to symptoms. If your symptom then are not improved, it's reasonable to continue looking for other causes.

Hope that helps and good luck, BY

Shaky Hands
Somone please help me