Rapid (Antibody) Test - accurate?
Oct 19, 2011
Can I breathe easy if my rapid (antibody) test came back negative 6.5 weeks after exposure (2.5 weeks after completing PEP)?
Response from Dr. Young
You can breath easier, but PEP or no PEP, you need to be tested 3 months (12 weeks) after your exposure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Stores Sell Hiv Testing Kits?
- False Positive HIV Then Negative
- How Long After Your Affected With Hiv Do You Get Yeast Infections?
- How Many Time Does It Take To Have Sex With A Person Hiv Positive For You To Get It?
- Undetectable Hiv Positive Woman And Negative Man Transmission Risk
- Dry Mouth Hiv Stage
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.