I missed 3 doses..should i be concerned?

I have to go out of state to get my meds each month and have been stuck at home, i'm picking up my meds tonight but i was wondering if my meds will stop working or if i'll get sick and die.

i take truvada, norvir and reyataz... last doc visit i was undectable and my cd4 count went from 350- 600... i've been positive for 2 years.

D

Hi and thanks for posting.

Three straight missed doses (one time) is a less than ideal, but by no means the end of the world, nor a great risk for developing drug resistance or treatment failure. It's actually better that you've missed all of your medicines, rather than take only 1 or 2 of them. Also, if you're virus has been undetectable, the risk is very low, since there's no virus to replicate in the presence of lower drug levels (at least yet).

So, worry not.

Be well, BY

hiv immunity
Another name for the [HIV] symptoms